Could you help and inspire our students of today? Or perhaps you would appreciate some help in progressing your career?
As an alumni of Wellington School, you can provide help and seek help from other “Old Wellingtonians” who have been in a similar situation to you in the past.
By volunteering as a Career Mentor, you will have the opportunity to share your experiences of education and the world of work with young people who are at the very beginning of their careers. We know from feedback that many feel the opportunity to meet face to face, talk on the telephone or make contact by email can be very rewarding and illuminating for both current students and for our alumni.
“Having attended several career events, the personal benefits have been threefold. Firstly the students have been delightful and insightful, secondly their energy is really infectious, and finally I have bumped into other OWs who I haven’t seen for a while. Undeniably a worthwhile experience on all fronts”
Rachel Debenham, Gillard’s 1992
“I was impressed with the engagement and manner of the students - it made me proud to be associated with the school and I felt very much at home ... some things obviously don't change!"
Will de Bolla, Oak 2005
Alumni from Wellington School have given their time to activities such as :
- Offering career and educational insight to Sixth Formers who are unsure of what career route to take.
- Mentoring Sixth Formers who are interested in specific careers or educational establishments
- Offering or advising students on suitable short-term work placements
- Visiting the school to address a group of students or to run a workshop on a chosen career path, including business start ups
- Providing fellow OWs with advice regarding their future career plans
- If you feel you can help with any of these areas, or would benefit from help, please contact the Development Office by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.